Typical Acrylic Cushioned Surfacing Systems
"Hardcourts That Aren't Hard"
|1. FILLER COURSE: Over new asphalt pavement or an existing installation, apply 1 or 2 coats of Plush-Tex or Filler Coat Binder - high grade asphalt emulsions fortified with mineral fillers, fibers, and silica sand - to fill in surface voids and correct minor surface defects. An acrylic filler coat, a concentrated acrylic latex binder field-mixed with sand, can be used if faster curing is desired.
2. HEAVY RUBBER COURSE: Typically 3 coats of an acrylic latex coating containing specially graded, large rubber particles, designed to provide maximum resiliency in the minimum number of coats.
3. FINE RUBBER COURSE: Typically 2 coats of an acrylic latex coating containing fine rubber aggregates, designed to create a smooth cushion finish, in preparation for the texture course.
4. TEXTURE COURSE: 1 coat of a multi-purpose acrylic latex color concentrate containing high quality pigments, mineral fillers, and fibers, field-mixed with silica sand. Speed of play can be fine-tuned by adjusting the materials used in this course.
5. FINISH COURSE: 1 or 2 coats of a multi-purpose acrylic latex color without sand to create a vibrant, durable finish highly resistant to weather and ultra-violet degradation. Typically available in Dark Green, Light Green, Red, Tan, Brown, and Blues.
6. LINES: White Striping Paint, a high hiding, heavy bodied acrylic latex, comes both textured and untextured, and covers in one application.
For detailed application instructions and product information, please consult the manufacturer's Specifications and Product Data Sheets. Detailed guide specifications for overall court construction can be obtained from the United States Tennis Court and Track Builders Association.
"When you play with the best, you are the winner."